Re: HTTP installation...

On Tue, Dec 28, 1999 at 11:38:35AM -0800, Vasanth Rakasi wrote:
> Any ideas?
>
> vasanth
>
> --- Vasanth Rakasi <v_rakasi@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > I'm planning to install Debian on an old IBM
> > ThinkPad
> > (75MHz Pentium, 540MB HD, 8 MB RAM) which does NOT
> > have a CD-ROM drive. It has a floppy drive. I'm
> > looking for any information that I can find on doing
> > the install
> > through floppy disks or ftp. I would appreciate it
> > if
> > you have (or someone who you know has) done this and
> > are willing to share the experience (steps/install
> > procedure, pitfalls that I should look out for,
> > suggestions, etc). Thanks.

Vasanth.

I apologize for not replying sooner.  While you didn't say which Thinkpad you
were trying the install on, perhaps the following URL which discusses my
install on this 760ED will help:

http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/linux/tp760ed.html

I had to run down some obscure boot disk image to make the Debian install go and
the page above lists the file names and locations.

Hope this helps.

- Nate >>

--

 Packet   | N0NB @ WF0A.#SCKS.KS.USA.NOAM       | "None can love freedom