Re: Time problems after suspend

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, I got it working now!

On Thu, Dec 23, 1999 at 11:12:13PM +0100, David Reviejo wrote:
> When you resume from a suspend, the apm daemon run some scripts at
I didn't use apmd because it used to crash my system on suspend. It
didn't crash without apmd, so I thought it was an apmd issue. However,
now that I added CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y to my config, it resumes fine,
and indeed runs the script in event.d

The hwclock script delivered with apmd only looks at the hardware clock
on resume. Shouldn't it also write the hardware clock on suspend? in
other words, replace the script with:

#!/bin/sh
# Set and adjust system and cmos clock

case "$1" in
suspend) /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh stop
        ;;
resume) /etc/init.d/hwclock.sh start
        ;;
*) echo " usage: hwclock (suspend|resume)
        ;;
esac
exit 0

One last thing I don't understand: Where is apmd's config file? I read
apmd's configuration is determined at compile time, which is not very
flexible. Why is that? Is there a better solution?

Wouter.