x2x not keeping 'to' machine awake

I have a sony vaio F340 that I use x2x to control when it is at home
next to my desktop machine.  Everything works fine and the laptop acts
as a dual head machine.  However even though the cursor is moving and I
am entering text(via the desktop keyboard and mouse) the screen saver
still kicks in while I am actively using the laptop 'head'.  Is there
some way to avoid this.  Once it blanks the screen I have to hit a key
or move the pointer directly on the laptop.  Moving the pointer via x2x
will not wake the laptop back up.

Has anyone else seen this or know a workaround?  I think it may have to
do with the hardware power management and not the software screen
blanking.

Thanks,

Brian Servis
Mechanical Engineering              |  Never criticize anybody until you
Purdue University                   |  have walked a mile in their shoes,
servis@purdue.edu                   |  because by that time you will be a
http://www.ecn.purdue.edu/~servis   |  mile away and have their shoes.