Re: install on 505

On Sat, Dec 11, 1999 at 02:49:11AM -0500, Luis Villa wrote:
> Sorry- even more vague than I thought I was. Frankly, it was a couple of
> weeks ago, and only now has it become apparent that it was important, so
> my memory of the message is not perfect and I have not had time to
> replicate it.  IIRC, it was a "cannot access device" error. Considering
> how screwy the 505's HW treatment is, this was not all that surprising,
> but the RH install accessed it repeatably without problems, and the same
> disc has been used many times, so I know it isn't the media.

I don't know what that problem might be.  It doesn't sound like the tecra
problem, though.  The tecra problem (as I experienced it) is that the
computer won't boot up at all.  You start loading the linux kernel, and all
of a sudden the computer reboots and starts again.  Your problem sounds like
a different one.

Drew