Re: How to change the background highlight in Netscape searches ????

On Thu, Dec 02, 1999 at 12:40:34AM +0100, Martin Dickopp wrote:
> On Wed, 1 Dec 1999, Robert J. Alexander wrote:
>
> > When I do a "Find in page" on a Netscape page, the found term is
> > highlighted by a change in the background colour which is almost
> > invisible.
> > I would like the background of found terms to become RED for all of my
> > users  ....
> >
> > Which X11/Netscape file should I tweak ?????
>
> Create the file /etc/X11/Xresources/netscape if it doesn't
> exist, and add the line
>
> Netscape*selectBackground: #FF9999
>
> To make this change effective in the currently running X
> session, type
>
> xrdb -merge /etc/X11/Xresources/netscape
>
> and restart Netscape.

Thank you!  I've been wondering how to do that for quite some
time.

You can also make it effective by creating
~/app-defaults/Netscape, and cycling Netscape.  That would make
it change only for you, and not everybody else on your system.

-- Larry

--
Larry Clapp / hm: larry@theclapp.org