Re: pcmcia card insertion detection and network startup

    "Andre" == Andre Berger <uzscd5@uni-bonn.de> writes:

    Andre> Hi, I've got ta wireless laptop card with the DHCP network
    Andre> settings defined in /etc/network/interfaces. When I insert
    Andre> the card after the bootup scripts have finished it is not
    Andre> detected unless I do an /etc/init.d/pcmcia restart.

A very common reason for this fault is if you put the 'auto' keyword
in /etc/network/interfaces for the PCMCIA card's ethernet interface
name. If you've done this, take it out. Things will work much better
(I won't explain why here to save the typing in case this is not your
issue).

Cheers!
Shyamal