Subject: Re: Sound Card ohh... Sound Card (was : SC on Dell Latitude Xpi )
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:36:41 +0700
From: arief muLya <arief@bna.telkomsel.co.id>
To: Jeff <jcoppock1@attbi.com>
<[🔎] 20020408154805.GA28163@jc.oftheinter.net>
<[🔎] 3CCA5872.7000203@bna.telkomsel.co.id>
<[🔎] 20020427094119.GA6161@jc.oftheinter.net>

Dear all.

 > Hmm...I've never used the packaged ALSA stuff.  I always got the
 > latest driver, lib and utilities tarballs from
 > www.alsa-project.org and compiled them myself.

Thanks again, Jeff.
The packaged ALSA stuff from Debian potato contains the source only.
So, I've run configure-make-make install on them. But the compiled
modules also didn't work.

For snd-card-es18xx it said : device busy or invalid resources errors.
And all other the same, except the snd-es*** I was telling about. But even
with snd-es*** I still get no audio. alsamixer said : TODO. Aumix said:
error opening mixer device. And yes, I have run snddevices script.

But maybe it's because It wasn't the latest driver?

When it was under windoze 95 I do get sound. The problem is, I forgot
(intentionally? :-) to record the sound-card settings.

Anyone knows how to detect what kind of sound-card exactly that a
machine has? Beside looking it directly to
the motherboard, ofcourse :-)

 > the HowTo documentation.

I've read it. Still confuse. Now I'm searching for other HOWTO that may
have available.

Thanks Again.

Best Regards,
arief_mulya