Re: Debian proof

    "Eckhard" == e doll <e.doll@wolter-ndt.de> writes:

    Eckhard> Hallo Liste!  Some time ago I asked, here in the list,
    Eckhard> how to install Debian/Gnu on a Gericom M6T and got some
    Eckhard> helpful feedback.

    Eckhard> Now, unfortunatly, some days ago, somebodey did some
    Eckhard> housebraeking and stole the whole thing.

    Eckhard> My question, which current laptop around 2000 ? is the
    Eckhard> best choice for Debian? (My insurance compels me to buy a
    Eckhard> new one, otherwise they pay me only the current value and
    Eckhard> not the purchase price)

I use a Compaq Armada M300 (1 year old). It runs Woody nicely. I have
never used Irda on it (does not work with the official Win98 either),
and modem is a Winmodem (Lucent, supposed to work). Everything else
seems to be fine. I can recommend it if you are looking for a small
machine.

Cheers!
Shyamal