Re: .raw file extensions

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:06:33 EDT, Dutch writes:
>> >I am use to iso images, how do I unzip a .raw image to disc?
>>
>>> You don't. It's already a perfectly good ISO-image.
>
>Well, a little more than that...
>
>Just =RENAME= the extension to .iso
>
>filename.raw -> filename.iso
>
>Then use a cdburning program to create CD from an image adn point it
>at the filename.iso

Well, that's the fault of whoever programmed your burining software.
 Judgung from the file _name_'s extension to its contents, is,
 well...shortsighted at best.

>Now you'd think whoever created the .raw file would take 5 seconds
>more and just rename the damn thing and be down with it. I swear, I
>think some computer folk deliberatly make thing complicated to
>separate themselves from the masses!

No, that's just Microsoft doing everything slightly otherwise than
 everyone else. And maybe whoever created the .raw-file didn't have
 access to your specific environment where only an extension of .iso
 works or just didn't want to go to the extra effort so Windos-users
 have it easier than everyone else.

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /