Re: Debian PC Requirements

* Nick <nickmessenger@madasafish.com> [2002 Apr 09 21:18 -0500]:

<snip>

Wow, Nick.

What a testimonial!

Normally the knock on Debian is that "it's too difficult for newbies to
install" and "is a distribution only experts could love." If I didn't
know better I'd say you're on a quest to counter every bit of FUD I've
heard on Debian the past three years.

As for Debian being the successor to Corel.  Corel's distribution was
originally based on Debain, remained so, and now that Corel has passed
on, Debian is the natural upgrade path.

BTW, there is a Debian-ham list you might want to check out (quite low
traffic) and the linux-hams list at vger.kernel.org

73, de Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@networksplus.net               | sleeping giant and
 Location | Bremen, Kansas USA EM19ov           | have instilled in him
  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | a terrible resolve".
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           | - Admiral Yamomoto