Re: What's your favorite inexpensive Linux laptop?

Can't you  just get you Mac to dual boot? Maybe you'd have to get a new hd
to fit debian and Mac OS in but you'd still get away with way less than 800
USD.

I just bought the Toshiba portege 3040CT. At 1200 USD it's out
of the range ju mentioned, but... Well I just love this machine. Weighs 1.5
kg. Nice to look at. Everything works: pcmcia, usb, usb floppy, lucent
winmodem, nic, external vga, power save, graphics chip supported under x 4.1.

In my experience used notebooks are a major pain. Usually the battery time is
so short that if you want to un plug the machine in your living room and re
plug it in your bedroom you'll have to go really fast and still risk a fsck.
And getting a new battery for something that was on the market five years ago
will cost you ten times of what you paid for the computer, if you can even
get it.

On Friday 15 June 2001 18:09, Chris Ivanovich wrote:
> Greetings fellow Debianers...
>
> I was hoping I could get some personal opinions here.  I currently
> have Debian running on a server in my house, and a Macintosh
> notebook.  I'm now looking to fire up a PC notebook with it, as well.
Chris

--
oivvio polite

cell +46 (0)709 30 40 30 / phone +46 (0)8 669 64 18 / fax +46 (0)8 84 00 18
varvsgatan 10A / s-117 29 stockholm / sweden