aide upstream needing helpo with russian translation

Hi,

the upstream author of the aide project (advanced intrusion detection
environment, packaged in Debian as aide) has a problem with an
existing russian translation. The original translator has vanished,
and he is contemplating to remove the translation infrastructure
because of this issue.

The issue is described on the aide mailing list, archive pointer
https://mailman.cs.tut.fi/pipermail/aide/2005-October/000199.html and
associated thread.

I am wondering whether the Debian russian team can help upstream here
to save the translation infrastructure. If so, please get in touch
with upstream directly.

Thanks in advance.

Please Cc: me on replies, I am not subscribed to debian-l10n-russian.

Greetings
Marc