Re: gtans translation

On Wednesday 09 February 2005, at 23:24, You wrote:

Hi

> > I've recieved a translation for the gtans package I maintain and I'd
> > really like someone to check its correctness. The relevant (English
> > original and translation) files can be found at
> > <http://people.debian.org/~florian/l10n-italian/>.
[cut]
> But still I'd like to verify that translation, so can anybody please
> guide me to a list where I might be somewhat luckier...? :)

Well, usually I would suggest the mailing list tp(at)lists.linux.it (the
mailing list which deals with the Italian translations of GNU programs)
but it's an uncommon practice to review someone else's work without
talking to him/her. I don't know how many of us would feel comfortable
in doing that; I sure wouldn't and I'd rather talk to the translator
directly. I think that's part of the reason you didn't get any answer
here.

So my suggestion is for you to talk with the translator and ask him/her
to send the translated .po to tp(at)lists.linux.it (or here if you
prefer) as part of the message (not as an attachment). The help file
could also be reviewed this way, if it isn't too big. I'm sure this way
your .po file will get a review.

beatrice.
--
                        And the end of all our exploring