Web build errors

Dear French team

(Please CC me if you reply, I'm not subscribed)

thanks for the amazing work translating the Debian website!

Sometimes we obtain webwml build errors like the one below:

wml -q -D CUR_YEAR=2020 -o UNDEFuFR:dla-750.fr.html@g+w dla-750.wml
ePerl:Error: Perl runtime error (interpreter rc=0)

---- Contents of STDERR channel: ---------
count_changes() ERROR: commit rev1 1d1c1ba842e225bf68a6fed5744786cc779234f7 maintainer= not found in revisions of ../../../..//english/lts/security/2016/dla-750.wml

I guess it can be frustrating that you commit the translation and then it does not appear online until much hours than expected (sometimes webmasters get the error log by mail but are far from a computer with git to fix it directly, like now... apologies).

The error is usually due to some omission  in the translation-check header.

Two hints to avoid this, that may help:

* Using the copypage.pl script to generate the initial version of the translation:
https://www.debian.org/devel/website/translating

* Prior to commit, do "make" in the corresponding folder to be sure that it builds ok.

Thanks again for the work!

Kind regards

Laura Arjona Reina
https://wiki.debian.org/LauraArjona