Re: [Martin.Quinson@ens-lyon.fr: Re: ddts report from Wed Aug 29 20:32:47 EDT 2001]

On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 11:37:48AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 31, 2001 at 11:15:08AM +0200, Martin Quinson wrote:
> > I'm an idiot, I repplied to the list.
>
> yes, I repeat it: btw: I don't read this list, please make a CC: ! :-)

Done this time ;)

> > ----- Forwarded message from Martin Quinson <Martin.Quinson@ens-lyon.fr> -----
> > > yesterday the server send the first report with all translations from
> > > this day to our list. Some translators request this reports. I have
> > > only one question: Is this ok?
> >
> > Almost. Please CC the translator so that we can know to who we should send
> > our review.
>
> I don't like to public the email address of the translators. You can
> copy and past one (or more) translation(s), edit it and send it to the
> ddts. The ddts will send this to the translator (like a update
> report).

No, we need to contact the translator to help him improving its work. Nobody
here is willing to run after bad but quick translators. Just make it clear to
translator that there email will be published here. In fact, the good way to
work is
1/ get a desc from ddts
2/ Translate it
3/ Make the review process on -l10n-french
4/ Send a reviewed translation to ddts.

But some frenchmen don't seem to now this french-specific way. So, we need
mails from the ddts to help us to find the translations which were not done
in the 'right way', and which still contain errors.

> You can see mails like this in http://a.d.o/~grisu/ddts/bts/. The
> server send only the Description! (no comments etc.) If you will write
> comments to the translator, send this like this:

No, let use organize our review process as we want. It's a team organisation
issue, and is of no concern to the ddts...

Thanks for your work, Mt.