Re: New strings to be added to the OpenStack packages

On 08/20/2013 11:57 PM, Justin B Rye wrote:
>>  In order to interoperate with other components of OpenStack, this package
>>  needs to connect to a central RabbitMQ server.
>>  .
>>  Please specify the password used to connect to the RabbitMQ server.
>
> ObWhyTheName: is that really a reference to "neutron clouds" or is it
> just a word similar to "network" with a thematic connection to
> "quantum"?
>
> (Did I ever find out what's so lapine about RabbitMQ?)

I'm not really sure why they have chosen Neutron, though what happened
is that Quantum (the currently existing package) had a trademark issue
(with the Quantum brand that used to do HDD and was bought by Hitachi
IIRC), and was renamed Neutron. I guess it's just because Neutron is
just a particle, or something, so that it looks like Quantum...

Thomas