[LCFC2] templates://syscp/{templates}

Quoting Jan Hauke Rahm (jhr@debian.org):

> >  SysCP also requires cron jobs. These are not installed automatically
> >  because they cause web server reloads, which you probably want to keep
> >  controlled.
> >  .
> >  Some example configurations may be found in /usr/share/doc/syscp/examples.
>
> Christian, are you going to sort this note out and make a README.Debian
> for it as we discussed earlier? I'd appreciate it as this would mean the
> README file gets reviewed as well. :)

Right.

I moved the content of this template to a very basic README.Debian
file (attached).

I also attach to this mail the revised versions of debian/control and
templates file, including Justin's corrections as well as yours.

Please note that, in order to keep the current installation safe, SysCP does
not reconfigure the mail or FTP servers. They should be configured
to use the MySQL database provided by SysCP.

SysCP also requires cron jobs. These are not installed automatically
because they cause web server reloads, which you probably want to keep
controlled.

Some example configurations may be found in /usr/share/doc/syscp/examples.
Template: syscp/reconfigure-webserver
Type: multiselect
Choices: apache2, lighttpd
 Please choose the web server that should be automatically configured
 to run SysCP.

Template: syscp/admin-username
Type: string
Default: admin
 You need to set up an admin user to be able to log in to SysCP after
 installation.
 .
 If you leave this field empty, the default username ("admin") will be used.

Template: syscp/admin-password
Type: password
Default:
 Please choose a password for the new admin user.
 .
 If you leave this field empty, the password will be randomly generated.
 .
 The user name and password will be stored in /etc/syscp/debian.php.

Template: syscp/customer-dir
Type: string
Default: /var/lib/syscp/customers
 SysCP will be configured to save customer data in one location.
 Subdirectories will be created for web services ("webs"), mail
 accounts ("mail"), temporary files ("tmp"), and log files ("logs").
 .
 If you leave this empty, the default "/var/lib/syscp/customers"
 directory will be used. However, upstream developers use
 "/var/customers", so if you already have customer data somewhere, such
 as data originating from a former installation, or if you want an
 entirely different directory to hold the customers' data, you can enter
 the directory path here.
Source: syscp
Section: admin
Maintainer: Jan Hauke Rahm <jhr@debian.org>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>= 7.0.50), quilt (>= 0.46-7)
Build-Depends-Indep: po-debconf
Standards-Version: 3.8.3
Homepage: http://www.syscp.org

Package: syscp
Architecture: all
Depends: apache2 | lighttpd, php5-cli, php5-mysql, mysql-server, webalizer,
 dbconfig-common, libphp-phpmailer, php-fpdf, ${misc:Depends}
Recommends: postfix, postfix-mysql, libsasl2-2, libsasl2-modules,
 libsasl2-modules-sql, courier-pop | dovecot-pop3d, courier-imap |
 dovecot-imapd, php5-gd, php5-suhosin, php5-imap, proftpd-basic,
 proftpd-mod-mysql, mysql-client
Suggests: bind9, maildrop, courier-authlib-mysql
Conflicts: syscp (< 1.4.2.1-1)
 SysCP is an easy-to-use system control panel for ISP web and mail servers. It
 provides an administration interface to set up customers, assign domains to
 them and configure those to have web space and mail accounts regulated by
 quotas. With SysCP, ISP customers can log in and manage their mail
 accounts, subdomains and other services on their own.
 .
 SysCP supports Apache 2, lighttpd, ProFTPd, Postfix, Courier, Dovecot, MySQL
 and other common daemons an Internet service provider would need.