Re: Proof-reading of some new writtings

OK, I've put my suggested wording of some of the new text in quotes
below.  The rest looks fine.

Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org> writes:

> +Note, though, that it is better to use the <tt>-t</tt> switch
> +to select the distribution to use, which will then get the
> +dependencies from the specified distribution.

"You may prefer to use the <tt>-t</tt> switch to select a target
distribution, leading <prgn>apt-get</prgn> to favor that distribution
when resolving dependencies."

> +People have the interest, usually, of using Debian testing,
> +because it is more stable than unstable and more up-to-date
> +than stable. But you can have a Testing system and use some
> +packages from unstable.

"People often use the testing distribution because it is more stable
than unstable and more up-to-date than stable.  However, users who
would like to run the latest versions of some packages but still
rather not trust their entire systems to unstable also have the option
of running mixed testing/unstable systems.  On the flip side, more
conservative users may wish to run mixed stable/testing systems."

> +And when going to install packages from unstable, just use the
> +<tt>-t</tt> switch:

"Then, when going..."

> +You use a mixed distribution and now wants to upgrade the packages
> +of one of them. Here is where <prgn>apt-show-versions</prgn> enters.
> +You may use a line like the following to get there:

"apt-show-versions provides a safe way for users of mixed
distributions to upgrade their systems without getting more of the
less-stable distribution than they had in mind.  For instance, it is
possible to upgrade just your unstable packages by running"

> +To know what packages may be upgraded, do:

"The <tt>-u</tt> option displays a list of upgradeable packages:"

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu for more info.