Re: wrong module loaded for 3Ware 9500 RAID controller

On Wed, Mar 08, 2006 at 01:33:27PM +0100, Steffen Grunewald wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 05:15:35PM -0400, Peter Cordes wrote:
> >  Knoppix v4.0.2CD loaded 3w-xxxx, and /proc/partitions was empty.  I
> > unloaded that and loaded 3w-9xxx, and then I had /dev/sda*.  So, something
> > in the module-detecting is wrong.  Other than that, knoppix works fine on
> > this hardware (dual tg3 ethernet detected, builtin ATI video works fine, etc.)
>
> This has been a well-known "faeture" of the 'discover' mechanism, and I hope
> it has been fixed before mastering Knoppix 5.0 ...

I'm afraid not, since nobody reported hat feature before(or was I too
busy to notice?).

Btw, we are NOT using "discover".

But chances are good that the adapter is not detected at all (in the
early boot process, that is) in Knoppix 5.0, so either udevd, or hwsetup
loads the correct module later.