Re: [debian-knoppix] massive ACPI error messages

One fix is to edit /etc/syslog.conf and everywhere that mentions kern.<whatever>
or *.<whatever>, add ;kern!=emerg  at the end of the selector part

i.e.
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none                /var/log/messages

becomes
*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none;kern!=emerg    /var/log/messages

then restart sysklogd (or send a HUP signal to syslogd)

Tim Conner wrote:

I have the same problem with a laptop mouse (one like the IBM Thinkpad). The problem that I am running into is that the mouse is running at the highest speed that it has made my laptop useless with the mouse button. It's the same thing without Knoppix loaded and just Windows XP Professional running. It never happened when I tried it 3.8.2 of Knoppix!! You may add my problem to the debian-knoppix board and see if we can get it resolved before version 4.0 comes out!!

--
Stephen Samuel +1(604)876-0426             samnospam@bcgreen.com
		   http://www.bcgreen.com/