Re: [debian-knoppix] New create_compressed_fs utility

#include <hallo.h>
* Valentijn Sessink [Thu, Dec 19 2002, 02:37:32PM]:

> Usage: ./compressloop [options] infile outfile
>         -b blocksize            set block size (multiple of 512 bytes)
>         -c compression          set compression (0-9, 0 is fastest, 9 is best)
>         -i imagesize            set image size if it cannot be determined

Well, which image? Input? Output?

>         -I forced-imagesize     force image size, even if determined

Same here.

> 	-v			verbose (the more v's, the more verbosity)

One note: please link dynamicaly (-lz instead of .../libz.a). Except of
the mentioned glitches - good work.

> A better method for all of the indexing hassle would probably be a rewrite
> of cloop where:
>
> - a version number is included in the header
> - the index is at the end of the file, followed by

Well, would increase the seek times since mkisofs' script already sorts
often used data to the beginning of the image. OTOH if the block_index
is small, it could be read once while the initialisation and so cached
in the VFS layer.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Für einen neuen Monitor bitte hier ==>[X]<== einen Nagel einschlagen.