Re: Releasing linux/6.1.52-1 bookworm-security update without armel build, Image size problems

On Sat, Sep 09, 2023 at 10:15:59AM +0200, Salvatore Bonaccorso wrote:
> Note that the last time the problem arised already earlier in
> experimental and Ben workarounded it there with
> https://salsa.debian.org/kernel-team/linux/-/commit/9dfe6d33a4fd220394228b30cbbfdb3b444d36ec
> We probably can do that as well here. 60443c88f3a8 ("kallsyms: Improve
> the performance of kallsyms_lookup_name()") was in fact backported to
> 6.1.42. So this is next I would try and disable MPTCP and
> FUNCTION_TRACER.

Yes, that looks reasonable.

Additionally, one generic cause of bloat is:
  debian/changelog:  * Enable UNICODE. (closes: #985689)
  debian/config/config:CONFIG_UNICODE=y

That's 74 kB uncompressed, and there doesn't seem to be any
justification for not making it modular. It's not urgent since
Bens change handles the immediate problem, but worth changing
in unstable.

cu
Adrian