Handing of debian/changelog on stable version imports

Hi Kernel team comaintainers,

Usually when we do import stable updates targeting unstable, stable or
oldstable and older we do some substantial work on cleaning up the
debian/changelog.

One part is adding references like CVE ids or bug closer, but the
other part is as well filtering out things not relevant to Debian,
unsupported architectures, or doing archtecture. We document it as

  - If you have time, please delete irrelevant changes such as:
    + Fixes for architectures not supported by the package
    + Fixes for drivers that aren't enabled in any of our configurations
    + Build fixes for configurations that we don't use
    + Fixes for lockdep false positives

in debian/README.source.

I believe this is a good thing and in fact helps a lot in triaging
retrospectivel issues for instances.

On the other hand for instance the 5.18.3 was so substantial with 800
commits upstream that it feels waste of free time for volunteers to
gothrough and cleanup.

So for the last update prepared I ignored e.g. the cleanup of
irrelevant changes and the archtecture prefixes.

How other feel about that? I would suggest/propose: whenever wer
really ahve time, and as indicated in the README.source, but if time
is scarse then stick with just importing the full changelog, but at a
very minimum add known CVE identifers (helps the security team) and
bug closer and wrap the line lenghts (debmutate can help).

Does that sound fine for others?

Regards,
Salvatore