RE: dkms: Build with an alternative like compiler rather than gcc

I think this is an upstream problem not at all specific to Debian's implementation.
I would recommend to bring this discussion upstream to get it fixed there.

I believe DKMS unsets CC before starting build, but maybe that's wrong to do
in this instance.

Thanks,