Debug symbol metapackages

Currently the linux-latest source package builds a metapackage named
linux-image-<flavour>-dbg for each kernel flavour that has a debug
symbols package, with a dependency on that package.

We're preparing to move the debug symbols packages to the debug
archive, but I'm not sure what to do with the metapackages.  If the
metapackages stay in the main archive, will britney see their
dependencies as unsatisfiable in testing, and so block migration?
Is it OK to move the metapackages to the debug archive too (which
requires giving them misleading metadata)?

73.46% of all statistics are made up.