Re: linux 3.10.1 with initrd (was Re: linux 3.8.12-1 (atari flavour) does not boot)

On Sat, Jul 20, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Thorsten Glaser <tg@mirbsd.de> wrote:
> I’d like the m68k people to read the whole eMail and test
> https://www.freewrt.org/~tg/dp/dists/hacks/dirty/Crossbuilt/linux/linux-image-3.10-0+m68k.1-m68k_3.10.1-1+m68k.1_m68k.deb

404

> on all their boxen, at least Amiga/Atari/Macintosh
> though the image also has BVME and MVME support
> (no Sun3 or Q40 but that can easily be added ofc).
>
> Also, I’d like the m68k people *and* the Debian Linux
> kernel people to review the configuration, to see whether
> there are things either can absolutely not live with:
> https://www.freewrt.org/~tg/dp/dists/hacks/dirty/Crossbuilt/linux/config-3.10-0+m68k.1-m68k

404

> So good, so far. An ARAnyM log of the build (kernel
> messages) is attached. There’s one thing sticking out:
>
> [    0.160000] WARNING: at /root/linux-3.10.1/init/main.c:698 do_one_initcall+0x12e/0x13a()
> [    0.160000] initcall param_sysfs_init+0x0/0x1a4 returned with disabled interrupts
>
> This seems to happen for several initcalls. Geert et al,
> can you have a look at them, they’re scary ☺

At first sight, this doesn't look like an m68k-specific problem.
Do you see it with mainline 3.10 (or any other recent version) too? I don't.

I wanted to try your binary, but 404.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

                        Geert

                                -- Linus Torvalds