Re: Dropping support for the smallest armel machines

On Mon, 2013-06-24 at 23:44 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
[...]
> Perhaps [the DNS-323] could be supported by
> putting a second stage uboot in flash which would load the kernel and
> initramfs from disk, as suggested in [3]?
[...]
> [3] http://dns323.kood.org/howto:uboot

Alternately it could load a combined kernel+initramfs image from the
~6 MB 'filesystem' partition, if the initramfs size is likely to say
under ~4 MB.

Upstream u-boot still doesn't support this model and doesn't appear to
have a driver for the S29GL-M MirrorBit flash.  I think it may just be a
case of adding the right ID numbers and block sizes to the existing
Spansion SPI flash driver, though.  I have a datasheet for the flash
chip, if anyone's interested.

Life is like a sewer:
what you get out of it depends on what you put into it.