Auto-loading lxfb on OLPC XO systems

The x86-based OLPC XO systems apparently don't support a VGA-compatible
text mode, so text consoles on these systems require the lxfb driver.
This was previously built-in to the i386 kernel images, but for reasons
explained in in #686528 it was changed to a module.

The module can be auto-loaded based on a PCI device ID.  However,
framebuffer drivers are generally blacklisted for auto-loading by a
configuration file installed in udev, and lxfb is included in this
blacklist.

This will result in a regression when upgrading one of these systems
from squeeze.  (Although I don't think Debian kernel images have ever
had complete support for them.)

I've opened bug #705784 for this against udev, and Marco has said he's
willing for me to NMU it.  Alternately, in the kernel, I can revert the
change to a module, or rename the module to evade the blacklist, but
neither of those is particularly nice.  But I think any kernel changes
now are going to be too disruptive to the installer.

Can the release team recommend what to do?

The first rule of tautology club is the first rule of tautology club.