Re: [Fwd: Xen performance kernel patches backported to 3.2 for Precise]

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 07:06:59AM -0700, Tim Gardner wrote:
> On 12/16/2011 01:27 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> >>
> >>I'm still kind of waiting on these. Stefan Bader had some concerns and
> >>encouraged Citrix to work on getting them upstream, but I haven't seen a
> >>lot of movement on them.
> >
> >Konrad (CCd) is working on upstreaming these patches. He posted to LKML
> >see "Exporting ACPI Pxx/Cxx states to other kernel
> >subsystems" (<1322673664-14642-1-git-send-email-konrad.wilk@oracle.com>)
> >on 30/11.
> >
> >The only comment I saw on that posting was from Jan. I saw a comment
> >from Stefan to ask why it hadn't been sent upstream which is what
> >reminded Konrad to send the post to LKML, were there others?
> >
> >Ian.
>
> I've seen no substantive comment since Konrad posted the patches,
> which is why I noted above that "I haven't seen a lot of movement on
> them". Maybe you should poke some upstream dudes, stir the pot a
> little.

<laughs>Witches brew, eh?

I think a big part of this is that Rafael, Len, and Matthew are all
focused on the ACPI v5.0 drop. Which is suppose to happen _now_ so they are
busy trying to make sure it works without disaster.

Either way, I've some ideas on "stirring the pot" some more so let
send an email out.