Re: firemware-bnx2 question

On Wed, 2010-10-13 at 16:19 -0400, Jean-Sébastien Frerot wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have been searching a lot on Google to find an answer to my
> question, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find one so far. So
> I'm hoping you would be kind enough to help me with my issue.
>
> I'm trying to figure out how you have been able to generate the .fw
> files for the bnx2 drivers for the different kernels. I have been able
> to find the .ihex files but I don't know how to convert them into .fw
> files.

I assume you have a source tarball from kernel.org, in which case 'make
firmware_install' will convert the ihex files to binary.

The kernel team packages the firmware images in firmware-bnx2, which is
in the non-free section of the archive.  In order to install that, you
need to include the non-free section in your APT sources configuration.

See <http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/>.

>  And if it's possible I would like to use the latest drivers from
> broadcom.

That's your choice but nothing to do with us...

Ben.