Removal of problematic drivers - how/when is it going to happen?

Hi,

Tonight I've checked the linux-source-2.6.18 (2.6.18-6) contents, and
found that the drivers, which must be removed to comply with the
recent GR (as per RM team statement [0]), are still present in the
kernel tree. As removal of these drivers requires modification of the
orig.tar.gz tarball, I'd rather see it happen sooner than later, to
make sure that this removal introduces no regressions into packaging
and building process. Is someone planning to work on this?

[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2006/10/msg00541.html

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@wooyd.org