Re: Schedule for linux-2.6 2.6.18-4

Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> writes:

> * Frederik Schueler (fs@debian.org) [061030 16:30]:
>> Fellow kernel-team members,
>>
>> it has been a while since our last upload, and the issues are
>> cumulating. We have a total of 8 RC bugs we need to take care before the
>> release, and another dozen of driver issues we should try to sort out.
>>
>> IMHO, the most pressing issues are:
>> - the ext3 corruption (#392818)
>> - the need to rebuild using a newer kernel-package (#395110)
>> - the broken ABI
>> - renaming the orig.tar.gz in order to remove the 8 firmwares as
>>   discussed with the release managers
>> - alpha gcc-4.1 migration
>
> Can we also have amd64-kernels again on i386?
>

> Cheers,
> Andi

The patch is in the BTS and quite small. About 5 lines of code change
and the obvious ton of .config files.

The latest statement on this issue is still that adding any more
kernel images to the build would exhaust the resources of the build
process for the linux team.

So what if it takes a bit longer and takes a bit more disk space? Try
building on m68k. :)

MfG
        Goswin