Re: Avoid running update-initramfs more than once during installation

[Maximilian Attems]
> agreed,
> but that is an dpkg bug not having a "do this last and once" hook.

I know there is a long-term request for dpkg to get such support.  But
I've seen no indication that such support is approaching soon, so I
believe it is best to solve this problem for update-initramfs right
now, like the dictionaries-common solution for the dictionary
packages, instead of not doing anything while we hope for some generic
solution in dpkg.

> NACK,
> that seems to fragile, i would really prefer to get that bug fixed
> in dpkg than having such a workaround in initramfs-tools.

How is it fragile?  The only problem I see is if packages run the
-intent script without running the -delayed script.  That should be
easy to detect and fix, perhaps using a lintian check.

Perhaps there is something to learn from the dictionaries-common
package?  I have not checked how they do it, but know the dictionary
packages only ask the user once to select language, after all the
language packages are installed.

Petter Reinholdtsen