Unable to boot kernel-2.6.15 in 'testing/unstable'

Dear all,

My name is Joaquim Duran. I've installed at home a catalan debian
based distribution named 'xarnoppix'. I installed the distribuition to
the HD, with kernel 2.6.12 at /dev/hdb8 partition (this is  a test
partition). The kernel was able to mount the root file system
/dev/hdb8, with ext3 fs at the installation.

I've upgraded packages to the distribution, using apt-get with -f
parameter. Few days ago I updated the kernel to 2.6.15 version, alter
upating the udev package and hotplug.

I've not been able to boot  the new kernel. If dumps a kernel panic at
mount the root file sysstem due to invalid file sistem, if the kernel
boots without the initrd parameter, or if the kernel boots with initrd
parameter, it doesn't mount the /dev/hdb8 partition, but opens a
shell.

After that, I compressed all information of the partition to a tar.gz
file and changed the filesystem to reisefer and uncompress all data
once again. I tried to boot the kernel once againg but the result was
the same.

>From the main distribution, i downloaded the last version of LILO to
test it thinking that a change in the format of the documentation was
introduced, but the result was the same.

All the time, with kernel 26.12 and 2.6.15, the root parameter of LILO
was /dev/hdb8.

Please, could you tellme any suggestion to boot the sistem and mount
de root partition?

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joaquim Duran