Re: [D-I] Supporting 2.6.14 kernels in base-installer

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 01:37:18AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Would it perhaps make sense to provide the yaird "findlibs" binary in a
> separate package for initramfs-tools to also use?

findlibs is crippled replacement for mklibs-readelf, a tool which I
decided to use for mklibs-copy, not a replacement for mklibs(-copy)
which builds an overall minimal set of libs.

> (and no: findlibs do _not_ depend on perl as yaird is ;-) )

According to my knowledge, it is not able to read all executables. The
dynamic section is not identified by the name ".dynamic" but the type
SHT_DYNAMIC and the index of the string table is given in the sh_link
field.

--
It would be illogical to kill without reason.
		-- Spock, "Journey to Babel", stardate 3842.4