Re: automatic pending tags on commit

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 11:38 +0200, Filippo Giunchedi wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 02:06:28 -0600, dann frazier wrote:
>
> > hey,
> >   I added a post-commit hook to our svn that looks for bug closures
> > added to a changelog.  If it finds some, it'll add a pending tag.
>
> there's also tagpending from devscripts which does exactly this :) (the
> latter part)

I didn't know about that, thanks!  My current implementation should be
somewhat lighter weight than basing it on tagpending since I just look
at text added in a commit, versus querying every bug in the current
changelog version.  However, I should make mine smart enough to check
for a pre-existing pending flag first like tagpending does.

It might be worth looking at splitting the functionality I want out of
tagpending so we can maximize code sharing..