Re: 2.6.12-1-686-smp kernel crash

Horms wrote:

What exactly happens when you experience a crash?
I should crash the thing again to make certain. I recall (in a previous crash, not the most recent) the audio looping (ie. the soundcard wasn't being fed data anymore?) - and X just froze (stays on screen, but froze. The mouse cursor also stopped moving.)

I can do a couple of reboots this evening. I will work a little in text mode, play some music, then try X and see it crash. I will also try configuring X to not use the radeon driver - to see if I can get it to crash then too. I could maybe also try the non-smp version for just "another opinion".

Might it be something else, e.g. X, rather than the kernel? (Well, then obviously the combination of 2.6.12 and X, sicne with 2.6.11 I don't have the problem.)

Thanks,
Hugo

--
Jabber: hugovdm@jabber.org