Re: [coley@mitre.org: CAN-2005-2802 split into separate CANs]

horms@verge.net.au writes:

> On Sat, Sep 10, 2005 at 01:14:49AM +0200, Moritz Muehlenhoff wrote:
>> Hi Horms,
>> can you please
>> a) correct the changelog in SVN
>
> Done.
>
>> b) check whether CAN-2005-2873 is fixed as well
>
> That bug does seem to be present in 2.4.27, 2.6.8, 2.6.12, 2.6.13
> and Linus' current git tree. The comment at
> http://blog.blackdown.de/2005/05/09/fixing-the-ipt_recent-netfilter-module/
> seems to imply that the fix has been held off until post 2.6.14, but
> I do not know why. I have CCed Juergen, hopefully he can comment.

Dave Miller didn't like the usage of xtime.tv_sec (via get_seconds()),
as it can be changed from the outside which may cause problems.  So,
in short, I have to find a better fix (although I'm perfectly happy
with the old fix for my systems).

        Juergen

Quoting the rest for the sake of clarity:

--
Juergen Kreileder, Blackdown Java-Linux Team
http://blog.blackdown.de/