Re: removing /etc/hotplug.d/ support

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 10:45:46AM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> On Aug 25, Horms <horms@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > There are some architectures where 2.4 is required, its
> > because of these that it seems that we are stuck with 2.4 for Etch.
> >   alpha (installer), m68k (2.6 only works on amiga), s390 (installer),
> >   mips, mipsel
> What does "installer" mean? IIRC SuSE supports s390 with 2.6 kernels.
> Also, exactly how is 2.6 broken for mips and mipsel? From a quick google
> search it looks like it's actively developed and even commercially
> supported.

indeed but out of tree, you may want to look at the recent post by Al:
 http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=112491092624590&w=2
it's a nice overview of the build state of current linus tree.

parisc and mips are the ones with the biggest out of tree patches.
m68k should be soon fixed.

--
maks