Kernel Modules for PE2850 in default i386 2.6 kernel builds.

I am setting up a Dell PowerEdge 2850 with Debian/Sarge and noticed that I can install with a sarge installation cd using kernel 2.4.x, but I can not install with the debian 2.6.x kernels, nor update to a debian 2.6.x kernel that will support
the built in scsi hardware.

The problem lies in the LSI SCSI cards masquerading as PERC cards inside the machine using the megaraid2 driver on 2.4.x, and on 2.6 using the megaraid_newgen and megaraid_mailbox drivers.

Is there any chance the following drivers could be compiled in as modules for 2.6.11-x-686-smp?

CONFIG_MEGARAID_NEWGEN
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MM
CONFIG_MEGARAID_MAILBOX

These are already in the default config for 2.6.11-x-em64t-p4-smp.

Compiling a kernel for myself hasn't been a problem, but for the corporate minded, it is easier to sell a debian install (as opposed to RedHat) to a client by showing them that a stock debian 32 bit 2.6 kernel
that has gone through the debian vetting process supports their system.

Regards,

satadru