Re: Kernel Security Updates for Sarge

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 03:08:51PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> Steve Langasek asked me to get in contact with you in regards
> to kernel security updates for sarge. I am happy to report
> that I and other members of the kernel team have been keeping
> the kernel-source for both 2.4.27 and 2.6.8 up to date in SVN.
> And as of yesterday afternoon I have no outstanding security
> bugs for either.

The only change I'd like to make to the hppa images if there's a possibility
of an update for sarge is increasing the size of the ramdisk, but since this
can be passed on the command line, it is not a particularly big deal. This
only causes issues with certain d-i images, which would probably be better
served removing modules from the ramdisk (particularly IDE drivers, as
the only known good one that would reliably work for install media is
ns87415).

Otherwise things are fine, all traditionally supported machines appear
to be, plus some that were difficulties with 2.4.

Regards,
--
Kyle McMartin