kernel 2.6.9-3

Hi,

I'm trying to backport the 2.6.9 kernel to my currently running debian sarge system. Everything works just fine, except that I get the following messages (one of these lines for every ide module) at bootup:

ERROR: Removing 'siimage': Device or resource busy

Now when I get into my shell, and do an 'lsmod' I see a lot of unessecarily loaded modules. I assume these are left over from the hardware detection phase of the initrd.

I also inspected the 2.6.8 kernel sources, and I noticed that the 2.6.8 series has a patch to make the IDE modules truly modular.

Will this patch be ported forward in the future?

Kind Regards,
Pascal de Bruijn
http://members.home.nl/keizerflipje/