What kernel package for athlon 64

Hi,

I have bought an athlon 64, I would like to know what the best kernel is for
my situation. I want to stick with 32-bit userland untill pure64 enters sid.
So I don't need / want a 64 bit kernel. What kernel package should I
install ? currently I have the 2.6.9-i386 kernel package but this kernel has
problems with APIC.

I have tried the amd64-k8 package but as I understand it this is a 64 bit
kernel. I have sound and mouse problems with this kernel.

Thanks for any reply, I am not on the list so please CC me.

Bastiaan Naber