Compile Kernel for Networking

I am running debian woody (2.4.18) on an older Tecra740CDT laptop. Woody runs fine, although a bit slow.

I have complied a 2.4.26 kernel which will boot, but networking does not work. I am asking for help in determining kernel configuration to get networking working.

The tecra has a pcmcia bus and I have an 8390 ethernet card connected to a DHCP router.

I have attached dmesg.debian and dmesg.custom-2.4.26. These are bootup messages for the debian woody standard kernel and for my custom 2.4.26 kernel.

I have also attached my .config file for the custom kernel.

Can anyone suggest what kernel options are required to get networking working?

Thanks,
Dennis Krinke