Re: debian boot CDs & G5

Hi,

list of addressees cut down to debian-kernel only.

Troy Benjegerdes writes:

> Please don't assume the root filesystem is going to be on a local disk
> also.. Discover probably needs some work to understand things like:
>
> * Root on nfs
> * Root on network block device/iscsi device
> * Root USB storage
> * Root on firewire storage
>
> I can do the root on nfs work if someone can point me at which packages
> to look at and some documentation on how it's all supposed to work.

That sounds great.

The package is initrd-tools, the program is a shell script called
mkinitrd, and it's supposed to create an initrd that brings up the
real root filesystem and then runs pivot_root on it.

Keep in mind that Herbert is still listed as the maintainer, so in
order to make changes to the package, someone has to adopt it.  Any
takers?

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!