Re: split patches for kernel-patch-debian

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 10:07:33PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> 	I would be happy to incorporate any such patches into
>  kernel-package; preferably if we can keep the interface kernel
>  version agnostic.
>
> 	At the very least, make-kpkg can do something like looking
>  for ./debian/patches dir and apply patches found there for official
>  kernels, or if the user has asked for those patches to be added.

That sounds like a good idea.  Given that we can't get rid of some
of the badly done patches for obscure arches (e.g. apus) easily
we'll probably also need some way to only conditionally apply patches.

Either a debian/patches.override file that contains lines like

ppc/apus	99_large_crappy_apus_patch

or

# # breaks cobalt unfortunately, but fixes $IMPORTANTPCICARD
!mips/cobalt	00_tulip_fixes		# breaks cobalt unfortunately