Re: Okular no longer follows PDF links - resolved (with apologies)

On 2020-07-22 17:37, Gary Dale wrote:
I'm running Debian/Testing (Bullseye) on an AMD64 machine.

Up until a few days ago, a PDF I created with Scribus worked perfectly with Okular. I could click on a link in the table of contents and jump to that page. I have a lot of other internal links in the document as well, such as a table of committee chairs linking to their biography pages. They don't work either.

It gets worse however. I have even more web links (web sites, e-mail addresses and even telephone numbers) that also don't do anything. Most pages contain a lot of these.

I checked using the "Document Viewer" program and it works fine with the PDF. The links all work. The problem appears to be with Okular. I've dug through the configuration options (none of which I'd ever changed from the defaults) and can't find anything to turn this behaviour on or off.

Is anyone else having this issue?

OK, the problem was that I'd somehow clicked on the Zoom icon which makes the mouse into a zooming tool instead of a selection tool.