Re: Safe to upgrade?

Marc Haber:
> On Tue, Dec 08, 2015 at 05:31:43PM +0000, Chris Knadle wrote:
>> However just within the last couple of weeks there's been a lot of work on
>> the KDE5 packages and Plasma 5 is now usable.
>
> I still regularly experience plasmashell taking 100 % CPU and needing
> a kill + restart. This especially happens over night when the machine
> is idling away in the lock screen.

Hmmm!  I normally put my computer to sleep or hibernate for the night, so I
haven't seen this -- ick.  I wouldn't like to find that.

> I didn't report it yet since I use a locally compiled
> plasma-widget-addons with the quick launch widget backported from
> plasma 5.5.
>
> And the volume occasionally jumps up to 100 %, especially when one
> clicks on "leave" or does things in System Settings. My neighbors
> really love that.

I have this "volume jumps to 100%" issue, but in my case it's a self-made
thing -- in my ~/.bashrc I have this:

   # Restore local ALSA mixer settings
   /usr/sbin/alsactl --file ~/.config/asound.state restore

... so every time I open up a new terminal window, .bashrc gets invoked and
the ALSA mixer settings get reset back to what was last stored.

   -- Chris

--
Chris Knadle
Chris.Knadle@coredump.us