Re: Akonadi-Google integration: does it still work?

On Tuesday 05 April 2011, Andreas Cord Landwehr wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 April 2011 10:54:01 Michael Schuerig wrote:
> > Before updating to KDE 4.6.1 I had tried
> > akonadi-kde-resource-googledata (1.2.0-1) for integration with
> > Google/GMail calendar and contacts. I got contacts to work, but
> > not calendar.
> >
> > Now with KDE 4.6.1, neither seems to work, though I don't see any
> > error messages. I've triggered synchronization explicitly in
> > akonadiconsole (Browser tab) and this does change the resource's
> > icon to a "busy" variant for a while, but doesn't seem to have any
> > other effect.
> >
> > Does this work for anyone at all? If it does, are there any hints
> > what I might be doing wrong or where I might look to find out?
>

> for the GMail Calender I would suggest the DAVical resource. After
> having struggled with various problems for long time with the google
> resource, since using DAVical at least the calender works without
> problems. Since configuration can be a kind of tricky, you could
> want to have a look at my blog post with setup instructions [1].

Andreas,

thanks for the suggestion and description. Apparently things have
changed in KDE 4.6. The only DAV-related resource I can find is GroupDAV
and that one I could not make work. It just doesn't do anything
noticeable.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig