Re: (SOLVED) Re: the plasma desktop is freeze in 50 secons and 30 or 60 secons later again, again.

30/03/2011 20:12, BasaBuru wrote:
> On Martes 29 Marzo 2011 21:29:22 tv.debian@googlemail.com escribió:
>
> I think the problem are the debian mirror. Im decide reinstall my debian. the
> installer tell my i'm chose the mirror are corrupt.
>
> I' my opinion the problem are here is not get any pakages and the is'nt work
> fine.
>
> Now i don't any problem in this moment.
>
> Sorry for put this message in the list.
>
>> Hello, I also have one machine with a gfx card Geforce GTS 250 and
>> NVidia driver from Debian version 260.19.44-1, I use a 2.6.38 kernel,
>> and no problem here.
>> Maybe the problem is not related to the graphics, but maybe disk i/o. Is
>> something hammering your disk (maybe use iotop to gather data), a
>> nepomuk/strigi wild process ?
>
> can you send my to my address your xorg.org please???
>
> Thanks.
>
> BasaBuru

If you want to generate a clean xorg.conf for your setup you can use
NVidia utility "nvidia-xconfig". Just run it as root without any argument.

nvidia-xconfig

Here goes the relevant part of my xorg.conf, beware that I use a
1920x1080 monitor on that machine, so don't copy/paste the "monitor" and
"screen" sections if you use a different resolution.

Section "ServerLayout"
    Identifier     "Layout0"
    Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
    InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
    Option         "Xinerama" "0"
EndSection

Section "Files"
    FontPath        "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
     Load           "glx"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
    # HorizSync source: edid, VertRefresh source: edid
    Identifier     "Monitor0"
    VendorName     "Unknown"
    ModelName      "Samsung SyncMaster"
    HorizSync       30.0 - 81.0
    VertRefresh     56.0 - 75.0
    Option         "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier     "Device0"
    Driver         "nvidia"
    VendorName     "NVIDIA Corporation"
    BoardName      "GeForce GTS 250"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Device0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "TwinView" "0"
    Option     "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0; 1920x1080_60 +0+0"
    Option         "NoLogo" "True"
    SubSection     "Display"
    Depth       24
    EndSubSection
EndSection

For a hassle-free experience I strongly recommend using Debian packages,
here what I have installed on my machine :

libgl1-nvidia-alternatives
libgl1-nvidia-glxlibraries
libglx-nvidia-alternatives
nvidia-common
nvidia-glx
nvidia-kernel-common
nvidia-kernel-dkms
nvidia-vdpau-driver
nvidia-xconfig

If you encounter too many problems it probably means that you would be
better off using Debian Squeeze (stable) and not one of the development
versions (testing (wheezy) and unstable (sid)), expect the graphic stack
to break sometimes, especially when using the proprietary NVidia driver
which isn't a priority for Debian developers.

Have fun.